Skip to main content

ONE NEW MESSAGE - A Very Short Horror Story by Dipayan Chatterjee



1 NEW MESSAGE
by
Dipayan Chatterjee


It's been almost an hour. I am still waiting for her reply. My eyes are peeled on the screen of my phone. Every tick of the digital clock heightening the beat of my pulsating heart. I try to form up some saliva inside my now dry mouth to wet my splintering throat. My hands fidgeting at the mere thought of getting a  reply from her. The usual message tone reverberating inside my ears anticipating when it will actually ring. I sit patiently on my bed....staring at my phone without battering my eyes...or at least I try.

For the last 13 days, she has been texting me exactly at 2.35 am. It's always just a simple message- “Hi!!” I tried hard to fight the temptation of replying back to her...every time I would pick up the phone, type a message and then delete it. I just didn't know what she would reply in return. But tonight I just couldn't stop myself anymore. I JUST FU**ING CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! It's eating me inside. I have to know. I NEED TO KNOW! But there is still no reply!

I have thought a lot about it for the last 13 nights. I thought her phone was still inside her pockets. Hell...I know her phone was still inside her pockets when I buried her dismembered body deep beneath the earth. Her phone should be out of power by now. I even chopped off her hands and all her fingers! It can't be her. It just FU**ING can't be HER! She is fu**ing dead! But who is texting me then? It's her number....it's the exact time I killed her....It has to be her! No! It just can't be! Did someone else find her phone? Did she.....

TING!! 1 NEW MESSAGE!

I snap out of my maniacal thoughts and stare calmly at the phone. I unlock the phone...holding it firmly in my trembling hands. I tap the message notification, restlessly waiting for it to open! Then I see it... a smiley face! A fu**ing happy smiley face! What the F**K?? WHO THE F**K IS THIS!

I freeze in my seat hearing the door squeaking open. FUCK! The spare key was also in her pockets!!

END



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Gods

Lord Shiva Lord Rama Lord Buddha Lord Ganesha Om Shri Ganeshaya Namah Joy Baba Loknath Lord Kartikeya Goddess Saraswati Goddess Durga Goddess Lakshmi

WIFEY - A Short Thriller Comics by Dipayan Chatterjee

Page 1 - Wifey - Thriller Comics Page 2 - Wifey - Thriller Comics Page 3 - Wifey - Thriller Comics

Lord Shiva Concept Art - Illustration by Dipayan/Color by Bijaya

Lord Shiva Comics Concept Art