Skip to main content

Night 37 - Short Horror Story

Night 37
 by Dipayan Chatterjee

The children giggled while running across the corridor. I was on the verge of sleep when their laughter snapped me back to the land of wide awake. The bedroom door was closed but I could still see their moving shadows from the gap in the door right above the floor.

My pregnant wife, who was sleeping beside me, woke up harriedly and looked at me with horror. I have seen that exact look on her face every night since the past month.

"Please...I beg you...let's move out of here now. I can't live here anymore. I am losing my mind," she pleaded.

The fact was she still couldn't adjust to our new house like I did. Although it pained me to see her like this, but I simply couldn't move out of this house just because it was haunted.

You see we were pregnant with our first child. We were happy to finally start our family. So we bought this house with all our life's savings. But the house came with its previous deceased tenants...3 little children who run, play & sing nursery rhymes every night.

The girls were murdered by their father who wasn't really a stand up human being to begin with. But when his wife left him for another man, he simply lost it. One night he murdered his 3 daughters & committed suicide...right in this house.

Obviously we found out about it after we moved in. You know how real estate brokers can be.  But even after knowing the truth, we simply couldn't move out. All our savings were invested in this house. So I learned to live wit it. But my wife simply couldn't accept it.

As she sat frightened on the bed, I tried to calm her down & make her understand. After all, these ghosts.....spirits never really did anything to harm us. They just laugh & play all night long.

As I barely managed to convince my wife to go back to sleep, everything went quiet. There was no more running, giggling or singing. Just complete silence.

Tonight was Night 37. This has never happened before. They never went silent like this before. We sat on the bed with bated breath wondering what was going on. Suddenly a raspy little voice whispered into my ears "Shh....Daddy's home. And he's coming for your baby."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Gods

Lord Shiva Lord Rama Lord Buddha Lord Ganesha Om Shri Ganeshaya Namah Joy Baba Loknath Lord Kartikeya Goddess Saraswati Goddess Durga Goddess Lakshmi

WIFEY - A Short Thriller Comics by Dipayan Chatterjee

Page 1 - Wifey - Thriller Comics Page 2 - Wifey - Thriller Comics Page 3 - Wifey - Thriller Comics

Lord Shiva Concept Art - Illustration by Dipayan/Color by Bijaya

Lord Shiva Comics Concept Art