Skip to main content

The Paritosh Roy Incident - Horror Short Story

KP Case Files #73F : The Paritosh Roy Incident

Case ID: #7624283035

Filename: Psychoanalysis of Mr.Roy
.............................................................................
Primary Case Summary:

On August 3rd 2018, Officer Paritosh Roy of Kolkata Police, along with Officer [Name Redacted], Sub-Inspector [Name Redacted] and 2 Constables were dispatched from [Name Redacted] Police Station at 2.25am to investigate an alleged homicide incident at [Address Redacted], Purbaloke, Kolkata. The crime scene, reported by the neighbours, was found undisturbed by the Officers upon arrival. The KP officers found all the members of the Debnath family residing at the address were brutally murdered. Mrs. [First Name Redacted] Debnath was found disemboweled and decapitated in the master bedroom, while their 5 year old daughter Ms. [First Name Redacted] Debnath was found beheaded in the second bedroom. Mr. [First Name Redacted] Debnath was found disemboweled and decapitated in front of the guest room. Initially it was estimated that the family was murdered by an unknown perpetrator. However, upon further investigation no evidence of the presence of any outsider was found. The officers investigating the scene concluded that Mr. Debnath murdered his own wife and daughter and then committed suicide. The autopsy report has confirmed that Mr. Debnath beheaded himself. However, it is still unclear how that is possible.
.............................................................................
Session 1:

September 5th
The following is a transcript of audio and video surveillance of the initial interview session of former KP Officer Paritosh Roy by criminal psychologist Dr. Bimal Dutta.

Dr. Dutta: "I hope that you won't mind me recording our conversation. It's just for future reference.

Mr. Roy: "No, that's fine."

Dr. Dutta: "Excellent. Why don't you start by telling us your name, your rank...and what happened on that day.

Mr. Roy: I am Paritosh Roy and I am an Officer for KP at  [Station Name Redacted]. Coming to the original incident, on the night of 3rd August we got a call at our station....you know what...let me just skip to the main part. I am sure you know the details."

Dr. Dutta: "Sure, why not."

Mr.Roy: "It did not look like a normal homicide case to me from the moment we entered the house. The entire house was dark when we reached there. As the area is sparsely populated, I was actually surprised someone reported the incident after hearing screams. Anyways, when we entered the three storied house, it was completely dark inside. It seemed there was an electrical fault. Me, Officer [Name Redacted], Sub-Inspector [Name Redacted] started moving through the house with our flashlights while the constables stayed guard outside. The ground floor was completely empty. As we moved to the first floor we found the body of Mrs. Debnath lying on the bed...naked. Her gut was cut open with the intestines hanging out and her head...how do I put this...chopped off...it was lying on the floor. There was blood all over the room. There was no sign of any struggle. We then moved out to the next room and found the body of the little girl. This is very difficult for me to explain. Umm...it seemed her head was...umm...bitten off from her neck. As if someone bit off the tender flesh until her head came off. There was no sign of struggle.
Then we moved to the 2nd floor and there we found the body of Mr. Debnath...naked. He was lying on the corridor in a pool of blood. And yes...his head was cut off too. What was weird that it seemed he cut his own stomach open and circulated a particular room while marking the floor around the room with his blood in a circular pattern. The blood marking stopped right in front of the door to that particular room..as if in a ritualistic pattern. It appeared that he fell down and cut his own head off. I don't even know how that is even possible...but he was still holding the knife."

Dr.Dutta: "Then what happened?"

Mr.Roy: "The three of us started investigating the crime scene for signs of evidence, but we couldn't find even a trace of an outside person. No fingerprints. Nothing. As we were busy with our investigation, suddenly the door to that room...uh...the guest room, creaked open. Our flashlights started flickering and died off. We took out our smartphones and turned on the flash. We slowly moved towards the room with our guns drawn expecting the murderer to be still inside. We moved in cautiously with me leading.....Ok. Now this is where I start sounding insane."

Dr.Dutta: "You have nothing to worry. Remember we are only having an open conversation. I am not here to judge you. You can be as honest as you feel like."

Mr.Roy: "Yeah...ok. As I stood at the door of the dark room, I couldn't see anybody inside. There was a vile stench coming from the room. All 3 of us entered the room with our guns still drawn. But there was nothing there...no furniture...no nothing. It was completely empty. That's when I heard it. A faint cry...as if a small child was crying out of immense pain. I started tracking the faint sound and that's when I saw it...another door inside the room. I slowly moved in towards it with the others following me closely behind. I stood still for a moment in front of the closed door as an unkown fear started crawling up my spine. I opened the door in one swift motion and I saw her standing inside. My own daughter. Standing and crying with her mouth covered in fresh raw blood. I couldn't believe my eyes. How could this be? She suddenly screamed out of an indescribable pain and that's when Sub-Inspector [Name Redacted] ran out of the room while Officer [Name Redacted] stood still looking perplexed. I quickly turned around towards my daughter but she was gone. After sometime, both of us came out of the room and found Sub-Inspector [Name Redacted] standing outside the house with the constables, shocked and scared. When I asked him later what happened and what he saw there, he told me that he saw his dead mother calling him. I...uh...I don't know how to describe this."

Dr.Dutta: "What about the other officer? What did he see?"

Mr.Roy: "He saw nothing there. Nobody."

Dr.Dutta: "Then what happened?"

Mr.Roy: "Backup arrived and we conducted a thorough investigation. It was a very difficult situation as we have never seen such a crime scene."
..............................................................................
Doctor's Journal:

Patient does not seem to possess any memory of recent incidents and does not show any sign of remorse. The Debnath incident seems to have left a strong impact on patient's psyche. My initial assessment is that the patient is suffering from severe PTSD/PTSI. I hope to talk about his daughter in next session.
..............................................................................
Session 2:

September 6th

Dr.Dutta: "Can you tell me something about your daughter?"

Mr.Roy: "My daughter? Why are we talking about my daughter?"

Dr.Dutta: "Ok. No issues. Let's talk about Sub-Inspector [Name Redacted]. Do you know how he is?"

Mr.Roy: "Um...no. I haven't really gone back to the station after the investigation. I was having some health problems, so I took some time off."

Dr.Dutta: "Health problems?"

Mr.Roy: "Yeah...mental...health....problems."

Dr.Dutta: "What kind of problems? Would you care to explain?"

Mr.Roy: "I don't know. I was having visions... hearing voices...hallucinations. Probably PTSD.

Dr.Dutta: "What kind of visions?"

Mr.Roy: (*no response*)

Dr.Dutta: "Mr. Roy?"

Mr.Roy: "I don't want to talk about it."

Dr.Dutta: "Oh ok...so how do you feel now?"

Mr.Roy: "I feel pretty good actually. It feels like a load has been lifted off my chest. I feel very relieved to be honest (*chuckles*). By the way, how is Sub-Inspector [Name Redacted]?

Dr.Dutta: "He's dead!"

Mr.Roy: "What? How?"

Dr.Dutta: "He...he cut himself open from the chest to the stomach....and then cut his own head off."

*Mr.Roy appears horribly petrified and shocked in the surveillance video.*

Dr.Dutta: "He killed himself the very next day after the initial Debnath investigation. There was no evidence of any other perpetrator. Uh...anyways...let's talk about your daughter, shall we? How old is she?"

Mr.Roy: "What? Why are we talking about my daughter? She is with her mother...at home. I....I want to go home. When can I leave?"

Dr.Dutta: "Calm down Mr.Roy. We are just having a conversation. There is no reason to get excited now, is there?"

Mr.Roy: "It's...it's the house. You know that right? I did some research. The last owners, they went missing. Simply vanished. That was 10 years ago. Our department could not find a single trace. Something is wrong with that house. I know you..."

Dr.Dutta: "What exactly are you implying? Is that why you...ok. What exactly do you remember after August 3rd?"

Mr.Roy: "Not much. I told you....I was having hallucinations and I kept passing out. Its all a bit fuzzy."

Dr.Dutta: "Okay. I think we can conclude today's session here. We will have our final session on Friday. Sounds good?"

Mr.Roy: "Sure. I just want to go back home."
..............................................................................
Doctor's Journal:

Patient is suffering from severe psychosis. He exhibits major signs of psychotic problems including delusions and hallucinations. It is my reccomendation to move him to the Institute for the Criminally Insane and begin his treatment immediately.
..............................................................................
Secondary Case Summary:

Former KP Officer Paritosh Roy murdered his own 9 year old daughter on 23rd August, 3:13am. The accused bit her head off from her shoulder and later himself passed out in the room. Mr.Roy had been showing unnatural behavior at home since 5th August and had taken leave from duty without notifying his seniors. After his arrest, Mr.Roy showed no memory of the event and was instructed to go through a thorough psychoanalysis to be conducted by Dr.Bimal Dutta.
..............................................................................
September 6th
10:46 pm

The following is a transcript of the phone call made by criminal psychologist Dr. Bimal Dutta to the wife of former KP Officer and accused Paritosh Roy.

Dr.Dutta: "Hello...Mrs.Roy."

Mrs.Roy: "Yes, Dr.Dutta. I was just going to call you. (*panicked*)

Dr.Dutta: "Oh...is it? Unfortunately, I have some bad news. Your husband is suffering from psychosis and it is crucial that we begin treatment as soon as possible. So we have decided to move Mr.Roy to my asylum immediately."

Mrs.Roy: "What? He just came back home 5 mins ago. I am so scared. He is in the bed room now. Please call the cops. I am going leave the house now. I don't feel safe."

Dr.Dutta: "What are you talking about? He is in our custody. How can...."

Mrs.Roy: (*screaming away from the phone) "What do you want? If you don't leave right now....what are you doing? No....are you crazy....ohhh my god..... *screaming*...nooooooo...*unintelligible shouting*.....*screaming*...."

Phone disconnected.
..............................................................................
Final Case Summary:

Mr. Roy was found dead in KP custody on 6th September. Estimated time of death - 10 pm. Cause of death - Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

Mrs. Roy was found murdered, disemboweled and decapitated at her residence on 6th September. Estimated time of death - 11 pm. Due to lack of evidence, there are no suspects as of now.
..............................................................................
Case Update:

Dr. Ritayan Bannerjee, Professor of Occult Science at the University of [Name Redacted] has been appointed to review the Debnath case and the Roy case.

END OF REPORT.
..............................................................................
by Dipayan Chatterjee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Gods

Lord Shiva Lord Rama Lord Buddha Lord Ganesha Om Shri Ganeshaya Namah Joy Baba Loknath Lord Kartikeya Goddess Saraswati Goddess Durga Goddess Lakshmi

WIFEY - A Short Thriller Comics by Dipayan Chatterjee

Page 1 - Wifey - Thriller Comics Page 2 - Wifey - Thriller Comics Page 3 - Wifey - Thriller Comics

Lord Shiva Concept Art - Illustration by Dipayan/Color by Bijaya

Lord Shiva Comics Concept Art